North Side Moss Removal Philosophy is that the best
way to get the safest results is to first use hand tools to safely
Remove Moss from your Roof. We then use blowers and brooms to safely
remove all debris from your Roof. We then continue this procedure by
cleaning your Gutters, This is all in preparation to treat your Roof
with a Low Pressure Bio Friendly Moss & Algae Killer. You will not
see the results on the Dark Algae stains immediately, for it takes
time for it to die & wash away by rain-fall. The Results will be
visible in about 2-3 weeks time. I Offer 100% Satisfaction, if after
1 Month you are not Completely Satisfied with our results, we will
There are many reasons for Roof Moss
Removal or to remove problem Moss from a Roof. Some are aesthetic,
some financial and others a reason for understanding what Moss does
to a Roof.
Please read the reasons below.
Aesthetic Reasons for Roof Moss Removal
1) You are moving and want the house to
look good when it goes on the market
2) You spouse, friends, neighbors and/or
relatives comment on it and it becomes problem, a source of stress
3) You get tired of looking at it and/or
thinking about it
Financial reasons for roof moss removal
1) You are refinancing your house and
the bank is going to send out a home inspector. And you want it to
look as nice as possible.
2) Accumulations of roof moss are
causing water to back up in valleys or flatter roof areas and causes
the roof to leak
3) Clumps off moss roll off the roof and
clogs the gutter way, causing the gutters to overflow at a low point
and jeopardize your foundation.
4) It plugs the downspouts and causes
the problem of gutters overflowing and flooding your basement.
5) Your insurance company tells you to
remove the roof moss or they won't renew the home owner policy.
6) A home inspector tells them the roof
moss is a problem and that it must be removed before the house can
7) Moss continues to hold moisture
against the roof and slows the roof from drying out after the rains.
Technical reasons for roof moss removal
1) Sheets of moss on composition roof
are almost completely covering a roof that is to be treated.
2) You cannot see the roof to know what
shape it is in
3) Moss holds dirt on the roof that
other plants feed on. This moss and dirt holds moisture.
4) Moist roofs that go through the
freeze and thaw of winter will lose more granules than drier roofs.
5) Moist roofs tend to grow algae and
mildew which leaves dark stains on the roof.
6) Eventually larger clumps of dead moss
that has not been removed will decay and provide fertile ground for
new moss to grow.